Love And War / Guild Profile
|Guild Name||Love And War|
|Last Updated||7th March, 2015|
|Style & Focus||Strict/Hardcore PvP|
|Guild Leader(s)||Fate Aeternitas|
|Min. Time Investment||3 days/week, 10 hours/week|
|Activities||SocialisingRoleplayingWorld vs WorldDungeonsStructured PvPTournament PvPDynamic Events|
General Guild Info
• • • JOIN THE VANGUARD AND COME WRECK HAVOC • • •
The Vanguard Squad is the evolution of the infamous Havok Squad, which merges the concept of havocing with the proven anti-zerging tactics of Blackgate. As the backbone of our forces, those in the Vanguard are considered part of the core group of LAW. Know that this squad is not for the faint of heart: the Vanguard knows no fear and will charge right into the heart the enemy zerg, no matter how outmanned! As such, only the best, the bravest, the craziest, and the most dedicated players should enlist with the Vanguard Squad.
- Love And War [LAW] is looking for dedicated, team-oriented players to join our more specialized havoc roster, the Vanguard Squad. When you enlist, you are making a commitment to be there for us during our call to arms. Whether by participating during our scheduled WvW raid days or by being available when we are challenged to a GvG, you will be ready and willing to smash in some faces in our name.
- LAW is a warfare-oriented gaming community. While in the field, follow your commander into both Victory and Death. We laugh in the face of death and dance in the bloods of our enemies! When your commander calls for a tactical retreat, you fall back together as a unit and strive to leave no man behind. No matter the size of our enemies, WE DO NOT ROUT.
- LAW expects its whole community to work together to further our cause and ultimately bring glory to Blackgate, our home server! Whether by PvPing to strengthen our teamwork and sharpen our individual skills, or by gathering up for Guild Missions and other various PvE events, we all contribute so that our glorious guild may do work and make things happen.
LAW is an Equal Opportunity Gaming Community. Racism, sexism, discrimination, and general bigotry is not welcome here. Most of our veterans can take a joke, but know when you're crossing the line and back off without raising a fuss.
- LAW is a social, multi-gaming community consisting of mostly adults gamers looking to wreck things and have fun! As a casually-hardcore guild, we generally have a unique, laid-back culture, but not at the expense of just being awesome. When things get real, that's when we put on our game faces and kick some serious ass!
For more information, please visit our website: http://loveandwar.shivtr.com/pages/gw2law
• • • Origin of the Havoc Squad • • •
Love And War is the premier havoc guild on Guild Wars 2 and a proud member of the Blackgate War Council since January '13.
/join LAW & rek havoc!
What is Havok (Havoc Squad/Havoc Group/etc.)?
"The term (havok/havok group/havok squad/havok-tactical strike team) was popularized by Blackgate and originated from a small tactical strike team LAW (BG guild). It was first used in the guild and spread in BG's TS by LAW's chief commander, Toff, during the winter [of 2012]. The preliminary term, elite tactical strike (ETS) team/group was first published on Isle of Janthir Coalition's website on LAW's group thread on September (and used prior to entering IoJC).
A Havok Squad is different from a raiding party in that they do more than cap small scale objectives by diverting the enemy attention, creating traps/baiting enemies and stalling confrontations, prepping sieges and opening walls/gates, and ninja-capping large-scale objectives, such as Bay, Keep, and Stonemist. A havok group should have at least 2 full parties and be competent enough to hold (or wipe) at least 20 enemies (2x their number) for a significant amount of time.
Other tasks include scouting for the server (keeping "eyes"), placing guild (supply) buffs at strategic locations, building and hoarding up golems (cap enemy camps and waypoint golems), keeping track of time (to ensure ticks), hiding mesmer/thief pairs in strategic locations, keeping track of large enemy movements, and being available to temporarily command the zerg at any given moment for surprise operations. See: http://youtu.be/zM7qoVuegq4." Our original guild havoc group, the Havok Squad, was named with a k. Because unlike the c, the k will always stay strong. Blackgate strong.
• • • The Birth of Love And War • • •
Having started off as a ragtag group of lone wolves and hardcore players, met during the Beta Weekends and in August of 2012 on various MMO and gaming forums (e.g. GW2 subreddit), Love & War has evolved into a thriving Guild Wars 2 community that tackles all aspects of the game (WvW, tPvP, & PvE). From Dungeon speedruns to soloing Arah, from in-house PvP tournaments to team queues, with various guild perks such as open guild meetings and officer polls, 24/7 guild buffs, weekly guild events, and prized events, our community is sure to have something for everyone. But no matter how much we develop and expand, PvP will always remain as our one true love, as there is nothing quite like euphoric experience of plummeting enemy faces into the ground, just seconds after routing a numerically superior force!
Following the guild's founding principles, LAW strives to excel in all aspects of the game while having an amazingly fun time doing so. As a community guild, all official members of Love & War are encouraged to give voice in order to help our guild become stronger and better with each passing season. Similarly, the leadership of LAW will continue to look forward to building an awesome community on Guild Wars 2 for many years to come.
For more information on our guild or to apply, please check out our site at:
http://tiny.cc/lovewar | http://tiny.cc/gw2law | http://loveandwar.shivtr.com/pages/rules
• • • FOR LOVE & WAR ! • • •